Monday, April 25, 2011

Aligning

Saturday the rainy day continued. The coffee weather was indeed welcoming. It lasted until night and kept me inside with the doors and windows cracked opened just a bit in order to hear the sound or rain. A good part of the time was spent in a briefing which prepared volunteers for the next trip. Although I have a trip that I'm engaging in on my own within the next week. This meeting was for a different run two weeks from now and organized by the same group I had gone up before. This time we'll be cooking and serving meals. From the previous groups, we heard that anything from 1,000 to 3,000 meals will be prepared. Cooking will be done outdoors using a wood burning stove/grill. Most food preparations will be done on site. Arrive to the same spot as the last trip. Stage the cooking area, cook, and serve. All whilst locals wait politely and patiently in line. I was told I'll be in charge of making the fire, preparing rice, and serving. Hard work, but worthwhile.

With this meeting I'm also aligning my mission with a friend and his company. I'm reaching out to the the contact at 2nd Harvest for name and coordinates of the shelters we'll deliver to. Thus far the list we were given detailed a week's required amount of food and perishables. The organizer hoped that we could collect as much as possible as the list was long. Our aim is to deliver a week's worth and fulfill their needs. By tomorrow I should receive word or our destination. Over all a good day to get things done.

One nice thing is that I'm now very focused on these an other activities. It is true to say that life here in Tokyo is for the most part back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment