Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's my birthday so I'm putting up this panoramic photo that I shot of Pongoor Falls in the province where I was born. This place is one of my favorite places in this region. The Province is called Lam Dong and the city is Dalat. It's in the mountainous Central Highlands region which in its day was famous for tiger hunting. It's also at the lower edge of the Ho Chi Minh Trial. Today some of the best coffee in the world comes from here. Surrounding this area still exists remnants of the indigenous hill tribes know as Montagnards. It's getting developed but even today it's still wild here. These falls are very high and in rainy season the entire face is a curtain of white. However in any season it's worth a trek to.
Battle for the Central Highlands: A Special Forces StoryVietnam and Angkor Wat (Eyewitness Travel Guides)

No comments:

Post a Comment