Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shadow of the Mountain

Of all the years I've lived in Japan and saw Mount Fuji; this day's sunset was by far one of the most amazing. I took this around 5:00 PM from my terrace in Setagaya-Ku, Tokyo. Were were driving home and as we neared my apartment I noticed a brilliance in the horizon. I ran upstairs to my apartment and grabbed my Nikon from my desk. Then proceeded to my terrace. What I witnessed was magical. The cold sky was lit with golden casts of light. Shades of blues with grays and the silver lining of clouds captured Fuji-San's shadow. I don't know if there's a special Japanese expression to depict the occurrence when their most sacred mountain casts a shadow if itself in the sky. Regardless, named or unnamed it was powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment