Monday, March 28, 2011

Normalizing

Two Weeks, Two Days: For the first time in a while I avoided the news and media. Today, I moved. It was something I had prepared little for as I was distracted by current events. Luckily my move amounted to one floor up  to another unit. A bit more space, better view, and nicer terrace. Speaking of which things seem to be looking better. Although the reactor remains problematic and it will likely be a will before things are completely in order. Things are starting to normalize. It's like a shadow we've gotten used to. Most companies have now reopened. The stores today seemed slightly better stocked. As well as this, there appears to be less aftershocks. These factors are making life here less challenging. As I've noted, I've contacted a few relief organization. One in particular sends trucks up north each Monday and returns the follow Thursday. I'm pushing very hard to be going with them on their trip next week. If anything else comes sooner, I'll do my best to be involved. So far most groups are taking donations and staging supplies for the few trips to aid centers. Every bit helps. Today's entry is brief as I've been working since early in the day and now it's 3:00 AM. However as promised to myself, I aim to write each day and post something I shot. This one is the sunset. There was something about sky this evening that caught my eye. I'm not sure what it is but it looked very painted. There are hints of blue, orange, subtle variations of light tones, and a touch of gray...

1 comment:

  1. hope you like your new place better. Seems like you had a tough day !
    Have a good sleep and wake up to a better tomrrow ! M

    ReplyDelete