Friday, April 22, 2011

Earthly Rewards

If there were any earthly rewards for doing what's right, I think the feeling received from the ladies in this photo is beyond measure. It's a bad time for these people and as you've all read the aftershocks and quakes don't seem to cease. As of yesterday, they have completely shut off the 20 kilometer radius near the reactors. Now the 80,000 people whose homes are there can not go back to check on their homes and many of the animals that lived on the farms are completely abandoned. There are a lot of challenges ahead that require a run rate of support.

So, as noted earlier I contacted 2nd Harvest Japan and was able to receive a list of what a shelter required to operate for 1 week. Most of the list were foods and perishables. So, last night I met with my good friend who is a partner and founder of a consulting company "Adept Group." With he and his company we are self sponsoring a run to Tohoku. We will rent our own truck, travel in a group of 3, collect the goods/donations, make purchases at COSTCO; and go. 2nd Harvest will give us the point of contact and location in the Ishinomaki area where we are expected to transport the supplies. As I said earlier, why wait around to do the right thing. I don't see an obstacles in our way and we will be well prepared and equipped should anything happen while we are en-transit.

What's nice is during my planing I found out from the group I had traveled with 2 weeks ago that I am slated for another run the week after next. Again, I'm happy to contribute as much as possible. Either going it alone or with another team, it' all good. What are the reasons, what are the rewards? Look at the photo, if you look closely you'll understand.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Linh! Wow! I am overflowing with positive feelings on your altruistic actions. :)! You make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete